Kitchen Cabinet Hinges

- Jun 18, 2019-

There mainly three types of hinges we usually use. You can choose soft closing or not.

  • Full overlay: A full overlay door covers all or nearly all of the front edge of the cabinet. This overlay type typically is used for doors at the ends of a cabinet.

  • Half overlay: Half overlay type is commonly used in the middle of a run of cabinets where the doors share a single partition wall. This hinge will allow the door to cover half of the partition wall (or approximately 3/8"). Don’t confuse this with 1/2" overlay, which will allow a door to cover up the cabinet or face frame by 1/2".

  • Inset: Inset door on frameless cabinets fit within the cabinet opening and sit flush with the front edges of the cabinet.

Here are some pictures to help you understand more about the kitchen cabinet hinges.



The brands we usually use are Blum, DTC, Unihopper.